Making a profit is only one aspect of running a successful business. If you want your business to reach its maximum potential, you must consider growth and scalability from the beginning. If you want to see long-term success, you must learn how to expand a business.
Naturally, when you develop your business, you must also consider how you will scale your workforce. Even though scaling a business might be difficult, especially if you’re working with a remote team, you won’t have any problems if you know how to handle abrupt challenges.
From my perspective
I started my business, part of which is because of the influence of ambitious entrepreneurs and creatives around me. But, of course, one of my driving forces is pursuing my passion, which has led me to meet these creative dudes with whom I have a good connection. As I endeavor to become better at what I do, I realize that there is no better way to absolutely reach my business’ full potential without a great team behind me. So, I mastered being able to scale business remotely. How do I do that?
First, get a team – no. get a RIGHT team
In doing so, I perfectly managed to get the hang of it. It’s not really a piece of cake since outsourcing and bringing my work to completely different people, with different backgrounds and passions, seems like a daunting and scary first task. But I did it – PERFECTLY.
There are some insights I wrote here to help you get started:
- Make a list of all the roles you need to fill, as well as the responsibilities for each one;
- Get job application that would demonstrate prospective candidates to reach their full heights;
- Hold an interview session in a platform that would make them comfortable; and
- Set a list of questions that can naturally generate the ideal path that the applicant wants to take with you beside the usual nature of work. Consider the following;
- Are you amenable to working remotely?
- What are your work hours?
- What tools are you comfortable with in terms of communication and collaboration?
Second, find the right tools
In a remote workplace, tools are critical since they allow me to better organize my team and keep everyone progressing starting with the same page. An effective remote team will have these important work tools:
- File Sharing Drive
- Instant Messaging Platform
- Screen Sharing Software
- Project Management Software (maybe include a link here for project management tool / (https://juneaye.com/best-project-management-tool-clickup/)
Third, Work Management Organization and Delegation
In a remote environment with a remote team working on my back, it is crucial to delegate the work properly and organize what needs to be done, what goals to achieve, and how will we properly proceed with our ways forward.
I set up a full proof system and mastered optimizing my online presence that enables my agency and my team to continue working even when I need to be offline. I build systems because I believe that everything starts with it and ends with automation. I can design my remote life on my own terms while growing a purpose-aligned online business.
When it comes to automation, proper delegation in a remote setting is vital. When delegating, I always see to it that the tasks are properly arranged with my team and focus on the following:
- Provide background information (why do we do it?)
- Communication Tools (what we use?)
- Progress Tracker (how do we monitor?)
- Feedback and recognition (did we do well?)
Fourth, bringing in good culture
My staff is more than just people who help me execute a task. Because they are all members of my team that’s why I must try to develop a team culture.
This term relates to my team’s dynamic, which encompasses my team’s behaviors, beliefs, values, and attitudes. Employees that operate in a remote team culture collaborate better, support one another, and work hard to achieve common goals.
“Good leaders generate an environment of trust”. A business school truism that is relatable today more than ever. Due to pandemic, we resort more to an unusual escape, where physical collaboration is no longer a requirement. We are effective in a remote cycle as it brings international creatives into one platform. We intend to seek for the benefits of this set-up, hence the justification of its effectiveness that is evident with the presence of the following:
- It saves time and resources
- Tasks are done effectively with international partners
- There are higher chances of hiring qualified people
In a nutshell:
I travelled to so many places and I really wanted to be able to enjoy those moments, to be present during the adventures, the hikes, and the tours, without risking the success of my business. So, I had to balance it out. When I learned to effectively scale my team and my business, I got an opportunity to freely dive deep into mindfulness and I got to enjoy my presence.
I also encourage you to do the same.