What the Hell are Messenger Bots anyway?
If you already know what messenger bots are, go ahead and skip this section already. It will really save you a lot of time. For those who don’t know what the hell these are and want to have a brief summary, stay tuned!
Messenger Bots (More commonly known as Chatbots) are basically Artificial Intelligence programs that are designed to message and reply to people. Can you already see the appeal? It can save a lot of time and effort. The most used method is probably offering multiple choice questions that narrow down the actual question. After narrowing down the question, the bot answers with the appropriate information. However, these are not cheap! They can range from $1,500 to a whopping $40,000+ for more complicated tasks and coding.
But despite the expenses, people are still using messenger bots. Why? Because it will SAVE you and MAKE you more money in the long run. At least, that’s why so many people are investing their hard earned cash in messenger bots. And here are the reasons why you too, should join the train.
The Ways to Generate your Income!
A. It generates engagement!
– Engagement, engagement, engagement! That’s the name of the game people! It’s no secret that engagement is one of the keys to land a long lasting customer. Guys, remember, people buy because of their emotions and they justify it with logic. And how do you get to people’s emotion? If you’re engaging. And what does engagement mean? Generating of Income. That’s why engagement is priority.
– Guess what Messenger bots do? They message. When potential customers can’t find the information that they’re looking for, they will most often ask the brand either through email, landline, mobile phone, or you guessed it, message. That’s where messenger bots come in. Whenever someone is looking for information about your brand, your messenger bot comes to help them. And when they help your customers, the customers won’t see the bot as helpful. It’s the Brand that they’ll see helpful!
2.) Customer Service
– How many times have you called a company and waited several minutes to pick up? Do you remember that annoyed feeling? Well, when a customer messages, your bot instantly replies back to them! And there’s really no “small chat” when interacting with messenger bots. Your customers are busy. Messenger bots happen to be direct to the point (At least most of them). Immediate and precise. Imagine how many customers will see you having great customer service without even doing anything yourself. Just be sure to consider frequently asked questions by your potential customers and implement answers to those questions in your bot.
3.) Brand Awareness
– Sometimes, people don’t really have any specific questions and just want to know more about your brand. Messenger bots can also just do exactly that! This is quite similar if people are asking questions. Customers may pick options of what they would like to know about your brand and your business. Each picked option, the messenger will reply accordingly, helping customers to learn more about the brand. Depending on the option the customers pick, you can even promote your page or your website! This just generates more engagement overall, meaning more good news for you.
4.) You can utilize the Messenger Camera
– Depending on your business, you can also utilize the messenger camera! This is specially useful to wearables like clothes, hats, and jewelries. By having bots, customers can choose the product that they want to see put to them. They can even try multiple products from you. Heck, even all of your products! Do you see how much you can convince people to buy your products and engage with them without you even having to convince and talk with them?
B. A robots’ capabilities
– What’s the major difference between a robot and a human? Robots don’t complain! But in all seriousness, a robot’s capabilities are really helpful. Yes, they can’t really do subjective tasks, not to a certain extent, at least. That’s because they’re not human. But that’s exactly the reason why they’re appealing! (bots are shorcut for robots btw, in case you didn’t know)
1.) A Robot’s needs
– Robots don’t really need anything aside from codes, binary, and other robotic words. Compare that to a human where we need food, rest, sleep, comfort, satisfaction, love, happiness, friends, acceptance, oxygen, sex, and a hella a lot more things.
– We humans, are not good at multitasking. In fact, the only other thing I can do while writing this article is breathing! (No, not really but you get the point). Most of the time, we can’t even entertain two customers at the same time, let alone hundreds. That’s why bots are really helpful because they can entertain not only hundreds, but thousands at the same time without even breaking a sweat (You know… because they’re robots… they don’t have skins pores…).
3.) Bots have standards too!
– Before you get any ideas, let me explain what I mean. Bots don’t lower the quality of their work. You know, unless you fuck up the coding. Bots don’t get any worse. In fact, they can only get better through time!
– Bots engage with your customers, right? With those engagement, bots can gather information and record those information accordingly. How many said no and yes, how many asked this question, things like that. They can make your job a little bit more easier by providing you the statistics that you need in order to make adjustments for your business. And this is only the surface! Some can even track consumer patterns and can adjust accordingly on their own.
C. What do you gain in the long run?
– Like I’ve said before, messenger bots are not cheap. They can be really expensive. The price may even be seen as a bad deal. However, especially in this day and age of technological advancement, I have no doubt that it will benefit you in the long run. And here are the reasons why!
1.) 24/7 working hours
– As stated before, bots don’t really need anything much. Sleep and rest counts too! What does that mean? You’re open twenty-four hours, seven days a week nonstop to your customers. Imagine how many people that can bring you. Granted, working nonstop doesn’t necessarily mean revenue. However, time is also money. The longer you make that potential customer wait, the chances of your product or service being purchased also decreases.
2.) Can accommodate thousands of Customers at the same time!
– Again, as stated before, bots have no problem when it comes to the number of potential customers. They can handle thousands of those. That you’re not limited to a specific time! Its concept is almost the same as the first one. Time is money. Imagine a thousand customers lining up, waiting for you or your employee to reply to their needs. Ain’t nobody got time for dat! It’s plainly just better being able to accommodate those thousand at the same time.
3.) You’ll save money
– If you don’t have bots, then you’ll mostly likely have other people filling for the customers’ needs. And depending how big you are as a business, you can have multiple employees. Then you’ll be paying them monthly! Instead of just paying for a one-time deal that can get the job done 24/7. In the long run, it’ll save you a lot more money. Money that can be used to further improve your business!
4.) Bots are the Future
– And finally, if those reasons aren’t enough for me to convince you, then this is my last attempt. According to a survey, 83% of online shoppers need support during shopping. Bots can do that no problem. 57% of americans would rather have a human responding to their needs. That might no sound a lot but that’s 6 out of 10 people. Finally, in 2016, chatbots were allowed to be developed by Facebook Messenger in their platform and 30,000 were created. After only six months, it increased to 100,000, more than three times the original! Ever since then, chatbots have been continually rising and will continue to grow even further. If these statistics don’t tell you that they’re the future, I don’t know what will.